University of Utah chemistry building evacuated due to dangerous spill
The building housing the University of Utah Department of Chemistry was evacuated Tuesday night after an explosive substance spilled inside.
Latest News & Features
Gretel Kauffman, KSL | Posted Jun 18th - 10:13pm
With its $20,000 pilot program, Salt Lake City joins a number of other cities across the country in offering tampons and sanitary pads at no cost in public building restrooms.
Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted Jun 18th - 9:41pm
A Provo man who pleaded guilty to attempted murder after he was accused of stabbing his roommate 53 times during an “LSD-infused fight” in 2018 was sentenced Monday to serve at least 4 1/2 years in prison for the attack, according to court documents
Minali Nigam, CNN | Posted Jun 18th - 9:10pm
Cosmetic products such as perfume, nail polish and shampoo help us feel and look good. But in the wrong hands these products can be harmful, or even deadly.
Utah Facial Plastics | Posted Jun 18th - 9:00pm
Both women and men can have issues with high or receding hairlines. Advances in the forehead reduction cosmetic procedure make a lower hairline simpler than ever.
Dennis Romboy, KSL | Posted Jun 18th - 8:38pm
The population at the Utah State Prison grew by 257 inmates in the past year, the largest 12-month increase in at least 20 years. Corrections officials say they're alarmed and fear they could run out of beds.
Lauren Bennett, KSL.com | Posted Jun 18th - 8:05pm
The warning advisory for algal blooms in Saratoga Springs Marina was lifted Monday after samples showed toxin levels were below the recreation health-based threshold, according to state environment officials.
Jill Colvin, Jonathan Lemire and Michael Schneider, Associated Press | Posted Jun 18th - 7:33pm
Jabbing at the press and poking the eye of the political establishment he ran against in 2016, President Donald Trump officially kicked off his reelection campaign Tuesday with a grievance-filled Florida rally that focused more on settling scores than laying out his agenda for a second term.
Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted Jun 18th - 7:00pm
The Granite School District is investigating after a video surfaced online over the weekend showing two students within the district burning an LGBTQ pride flag, district officials said.
Lauren Bennett, KSL.com | Posted Jun 18th - 6:04pm
Police are looking for a man who allegedly approached a 12-year-old boy and asked him what he would do to earn $50.
Ashley Imlay, KSL | Posted Jun 18th - 5:47pm
Amid an impasse in salary negotiations, about 150 Salt Lake School District teachers rallied Tuesday to ask for more money.
Gretel Kauffman, KSL and Annie Knox, KSL | Posted Jun 18th - 5:13pm
A lawsuit accuses trucking company C.R. England of not warning a rape victim about prior complaints and "harassing" her after she was assaulted.
Testing company that lost Utah contract hasn't been paid since January, still working to recover data
Lisa Riley Roche, KSL | Posted Jun 18th - 4:40pm
Utah lawmakers were told Tuesday there's more than $2 million in unpaid invoices from the testing company whose contract was terminated earlier this month after a series of problems surfaced.
Lauren Bennett, KSL.com | Posted Jun 18th - 3:58pm
An almost two-year-old boy fell out of the third floor of an apartment building Tuesday near 2200 South 1100 West, officials confirmed.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Jun 18th - 3:46pm
A former Cottonwood Heights police officer being sued for shooting a fleeing man in the back resulting in his death, wants the lawsuit dismissed.
Lauren Bennett, KSL.com | Posted Jun 18th - 3:27pm
The man who police say was driving a boat on Lake Powell while intoxicated, resulting in a crash that killed an 18-year-old Spanish Fork woman, has been charged.
John Clyde, KSL.com Contributor | Posted Jun 18th - 3:01pm
My heart goes out to this kid, and I'm also impressed because he's doing my two favorite things at once: eating pizza and sleeping.
Spencer Sutherland, KSL | Posted Jun 18th - 2:33pm
What’s the biggest compliment you could give Provo band Michael Barrow and the Tourists? “You sound like John Mayer.” The five-piece group formed in 2016 and has been blending Mayer-esque folk, pop, soft rock and soul ever since.
Michael Rubinkam and Matt Rourke, Associated Press | Posted Jun 18th - 2:12pm
U.S. authorities seized 33,000 pounds, or 15,000 kilograms, of cocaine from a ship at Philadelphia's port in what they described as one of the largest drug busts in American history.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Jun 18th - 2:02pm
William Hartnell Booty said his mental illness would cause him to go into a "catatonic stupor" during high stress situations, including the day that he murdered his wife.
Pat Reavy, KSL | Posted Jun 18th - 1:16pm
A man convicted in a former cold case murder recently went before the Utah Parole Board for the first time.
- Provo man ordered to prison in connection with stabbing roommate 53 times during fight
- Police ask for public's help in identifying 'suspicious male'
- Utah woman raped by instructor sues trucking company
- 33K pounds of cocaine seized in one of biggest US drug busts
- University of Utah chemistry building evacuated due to dangerous spill
- DWR: Boy receives scratches from bear at Hobble Creek Canyon campsite; bear euthanized
- Duchesne River put on flood warning
- Strawberry Moon 2019: Best times to watch and a special viewing bonus
- Toddler survives 19-foot fall from third-story window
- Granite School District investigates LGBTQ pride flag burning; no charges to be filed
- BYU running backs Ty'Son Williams, Emmanuel Esukpa bring experience to talented Cougar back field
- Ben Anderson: A roundup of the Jazz potential draft picks
- BYU football close to signing extension with ESPN for television, bowl games; adds new tailgate scene
- Jazz Shorts: Welcome to Utah, Mike Conley?
- Rivals race to catch Boris Johnson as UK Tory race narrows
- National Police chief Wilbert Paulissen names 3 Russians, 1 Ukrainian as murder suspects in MH17 downing
- Parts of southern India facing acute water shortages
- Mother of victim says at least 4 suspect to be tried in the 2014 downing of Malaysia Flight 17, trial opening March 2020
- What to watch for at Kim-Xi summit in North Korea?
- US Navy explosives expert: Investigators have recovered fingerprints, hand print from attacked Japanese-owned oil tanker
- US Navy expert: Damage to Japanese-owned oil tanker 'not consistent with an external flying object hitting the ship'
- US Navy expert: Limpet mine used in attack on Japanese-owned oil tanker 'bears a striking resemblance' to Iranian mines